+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: what id like to see..

thanks for all the information, has opened my eyes a little, but id definitely prefer a wagon over a sedan.. and to whoever posted the chrysler s/w, thats exactly right, if done right they look damn awesome. i definitely like the s/w c300 over the sedan
    AMC//got-told-off-for-his-sig division

Quote Originally Posted by dave_au
    Wagons are primarily used by fleets that require a lot of equipment (or high value equipment) to be hauled around with the added security of being able to lock the freight up in the car, or other flexibilities, such as an additional seat if required.
    Is that true? Why wouldn't they just use a van?

Quote Originally Posted by 92gen2
    a stationwagon 380.. i think theyd look pretty cool. what do you guys think?
    I'd like to see one, but I probably wouldn't buy one because...the lancer wagons look like boxes and the rear end of the 380 is too stunted for me.

If they made a 380 wagon it probably wouldn't have as much space as my TF does....but I'm drooling over a TJ Sportswagon that's out of my reach.
    97 TF Wagon - called Max.
    Sugar and spice and all things nice - NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    Potentially LPG, additional seats, presentation, comfort for long distance driving, RESALE. Eg Danka were running a fleet of about 300 Magna and Camry wagons for photocopy repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by maXwagon
    I'd like to see one, but I probably wouldn't buy one because...the lancer wagons look like boxes and the rear end of the 380 is too stunted for me.

If they made a 380 wagon it probably wouldn't have as much space as my TF does....but I'm drooling over a TJ Sportswagon that's out of my reach.
    i think if they made a 380 s/w, the back end would look a lot like bmw 5 series s/w.. the tj sportswagons are definitely pretty sexy though
    AMC//got-told-off-for-his-sig division

as someone who owns a wagon i can safely say that there is definetly a market for wagons, cos everyone says "yeah i wish i had a wagon for the practicality, but they are just so boring looking so i bought a sedan instead"

ie - build a sexy station wagon and the sales for station wagons will return. Thats what the big pile of market research at holden is saying hence why they are developing a VE station wagon that will share very little in the way of syling with the VE commodore sedan, ie its styling will be designed from the outset as a station wagon. Kinda think of a low riding SUV with a bit of a more sporty style to it and your halfway there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    I use my wagon for work. I didn't go for a van or 1 tonne Ute because of the simple reason.... I only want ONE car!

Aussie wagons have always been ahead of the world, from the AP5 Valiants/FJ Holden's to the TM Magna that was designed by Tonsley Park. Look at the GN Sigma that was "modernised" to cater for the wagon market at a time when Mitsubishi was on it's knees in the 80's.

I'm sure if the people in Adelaide thought they could sell wagons in numbers we would have a wagon, either in 380 form or a "modernised" Magna, ala the GN.

I dont see any point to sports utes. My work has a vehicle lease program with holden, I swear to god there are at least 20 either storm,s or ss utes there, and not one owner would even think about putting anything at all in the back incase the car got scratched or dirty.
    I saw a c300 station wagon the other day on 22's damn it looked good.

Wagons are good for those transporting things oviosuly, couriers, painters&tradies, bands etc all use them

I dont know how well a 380 Wagon would sell, but if they limited the number to a certain amount im sure they will sell without any problems

Another major wagon user it the police, I see alot of holden wagons being used by them, we have all seen the sedan 380s in police cars, why not a few wagons?

Also for holidays and surfing is where wagons come in handy aswell, I think one day ill have a wagon and a sedan.
    Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision.

LLB
    BA

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information