+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Galant or 380?

Default Galant or 380?

I just had a look at the new 2007 model Galant in America, of which our 380 is based. I assumed the cars were identical bar a badge swapping (like our Suzuki Swift and Holden Barina, etc), but there are quite a lot of differences, like larger headlights, different front & rear bumpers, and an ugly bonnet ridge.
    Use this link to check it out...

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...nt/07/index.do

Overall I'd have to say our 380 is definately the better looking car (but that's just my opinion).

MMAL spent 600million bucks turning the US galant into our 380, so yes they're are alot of differences between the two cars. For a start the 380 runs a completely different drivetrain, different brakes, different suspension tuning and a number of structural changes (like sound deadening, additional bracing etc)

they're is actually a surprisingly small amount of interchangable parts between the 380 and galant

Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    they're is actually a surprisingly small amount of interchangable parts between the 380 and galant
    What parts ARE changable from the galant to the 380???
    TM88-Andrew(ex Trimmer)

I'd say doors, front and rear windscreens, some interior bits, and not much else. As RJL25 said there isn't a whole lot of actual interchangeable parts between each. Despite V6's sharing same capacity (3828cc), our 380 has a completely different exhaust system, injectors, computer, as well as the whole Bosch engine management thing.
    Confuscious say: "man who run naked through airport, is going to Bang-kok..."
    --------------------
    this post proudly brought to you by...
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS - "we gave good car"

maybe a few other bits and peices such as fuel tanks and pickup sensors, minor little things like that, but most major items aren't interchangable between the two cars

Even the fuel tank was redesigned to allow for upgraded rear suspension and to accomodate a full-size spare.
    Confuscious say: "man who run naked through airport, is going to Bang-kok..."
    --------------------
    this post proudly brought to you by...
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS - "we gave good car"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    MMAL spent 600million bucks turning the US galant into our 380, so yes they're are alot of differences between the two cars. For a start the 380 runs a completely different drivetrain, different brakes, different suspension tuning and a number of structural changes (like sound deadening, additional bracing etc)

Perhaps they should have done some research on what style of Design Aussies like to buy.

The Big headlight craze isn't working in OZ, look at the Last Magna, the AU, the Vecta about the only successful car with big headlights was/is the Getz.

You can't tell Joe Public about how great the car is, if they see the car and just keep driving onto a Ford/Holden/Toyota dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessa403
    Perhaps they should have done some research on what style of Design Aussies like to buy.
    They did, they just chose the wrong people (people over 50).
    "Understeers like a shopping trolley full of logs..."

Rims-Done, now for some lowering.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessa403
    The Big headlight craze isn't working in OZ, look at the Last Magna, the AU, the Vecta about the only successful car with big headlights was/is the Getz.
    Yea for the Getz.But the 380 would look better if the lights were coloured to match the paint work.Which i know it not that easy My Getz is in silver so that the headlights dont stand out against the paint.The red stop lights on the back ,i dont like
    TM88-Andrew(ex Trimmer)

I'd Prefer galant all times. I don't know why oz doesn't have them i believe NZ has

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information