+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auto to manual conversion retaining the auto ECU

Default Auto to manual conversion retaining the auto ECU

To any of the guys that have converted form an auto to a manual transmission while retaining their auto ECU, have you experienced anything out of the ordinary with the running of the car? Like lower rev limits or anything really?

EDIT: just realised I put this in the 380 section, can a mod move it to 3rd gen section

hey mate ive been running my manual conversion on my TE 3.0 for about 40000 ks now and no dramas with anything like that.. i have heard that they run rich... not sure about that tho...
    Cheers,
    Trav..
    96 TE Altera- 3.0L manual-gonskies
    92 180sx sr20det-current

Quote Originally Posted by Travis96TE
    hey mate ive been running my manual conversion on my TE 3.0 for about 40000 ks now and no dramas with anything like that.. i have heard that they run rich... not sure about that tho...
    Cheers,
    Trav..
    Cheers mate, I actually have a 3.0L manual, but am thinking of upgrading to a 3.5. Most 3.5's I have seen come with an auto ECU, so thats why I'm asking as to problems, if it's only a rich issue, then thats not a problem as I have a Unichip doing nothing on my shelf from my old TF.

Also does anyone know if I can use my 3.0L flywheel on a 3.5L block that was originally auto?

If I remember correctly there where two different flywheels in the V6's

Quote Originally Posted by Phonic
    Also does anyone know if I can use my 3.0L flywheel on a 3.5L block that was originally auto?

Anyone know anything about this?

Ok then I'll try another question

For those who have done an auto to manual conversion, what did you have to do to get the auto ECU to work with the manual gearbox?

Ok then I'll try another question

For those who have done an auto to manual conversion, what did you have to do to get the auto ECU to work with the manual gearbox?
    Hi there, been down that track, i end up pulling the auto ecu out due to fird my cluster and the wires were run really hot. all wires were wired up probably. so i end up puting a manual 3.5L ecu ralliart with loom. runs like a dream. i do have a spare manual 3L ecu with loom if anyone is wanting.

You need to use a manual flywheel. 3L and 3.5L manual flywheels are the same.

Cheers mate, I actually have a 3.0L manual, but am thinking of upgrading to a 3.5. Most 3.5's I have seen come with an auto ECU, so thats why I'm asking as to problems, if it's only a rich issue, then thats not a problem as I have a Unichip doing nothing on my shelf from my old TF.
    if you a are wanting to run a 3.5L in you car, go for it. use a 3L ecu, as the 3L to the 3.5L, 3L has more torque program into the ecu. ask mitck dream te. his running a ralliart motor with a 3L manual ecu and the car flys.

Many thank
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by MR VRX
    if you a are wanting to run a 3.5L in you car, go for it. use a 3L ecu, as the 3L to the 3.5L, 3L has more torque program into the ecu. ask mitck dream te. his running a ralliart motor with a 3L manual ecu and the car flys.

Many thank
    Nathan
    Thanks for all your replies mate.

It could be that the 3.0L ECU runs more ignition timing? so while the car will fly, it runs the real risk of leaning out (especially worrying since there are no knock sensors to retard timing in the case of pre-ignition/detonation).

I suppose I can tune the correct AFR with my Unichip. So aside from timing, there is no problem of running a manual 3.0L ECU on a 3.5L? Maybe such as the extra polutions gear the 3.5's had that the 3.0's don't have?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information