+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 380 Dyno Charts

Default Supercharged dynochart

Here's my dynochart of the tuned Series 5 Sprintex blower.

Last edited by Foozrcool; 24-11-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    New ride - Lexus IS350 F Sport
    Old ride - Supercharged Mitsubishi 380

See my new ride here!
    See my old ride here!

AMC /// LEXUS

Dyno was done at the Street Torque (3/10/09 no the date shown). 203fwhp for naturally aspirated V6 factory tune. Mods included exhaust and air-intake...oh and done on the 22's.
    Last edited by MCHenry; 05-10-2009 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Include mods

Ex AMC///22" Grinder Division
    Matt & Carol Henry
    380 Platinum Series 2 (Old Car)
    Ford Focus RS mk2 (New Car)

OK, finally had my ChipTorque Exede fitted & tuned by Steve Knight yesterday.

Before runs (with Exede fitted but with bypass plug inserted) showed between 160 and 163 kw atw. And very rich AFRs, which we expected.

About 21kw less than my earlier runs back in August 2009. All sorts of possible reasons for this difference, including larger wheels & tyres (245/35 19 v 235/45 18), slightly different weather conditions (but not much), incorrect parameters set by Steve last time (I think this is a strong possibility, note the big difference in SAE J607 correction parameters, from around 2.8 last time to 3.95 this time), and this time I noticed/heard a lot more slip on the rollers.

Steve reckoned that Mitsu motors have good days and bad days, and the day back in August 2009 must have been a good day and yesterday was a bad day!

I reckon the slip was a big factor, when I drove it off the rollers the front wheels were spinning on the concrete floor at 1200 rpm!

The after runs, once Steve had tuned the Exede, showed 168 - 170kw atw. So a reasonable increase in top end power.

I was hoping for an increase in torque in the mid-range, but this didn't happen, instead I got a reasonable increase in the top end, from about 4,000 rpm onwards.

The main change was in the AFRs, now tuned so that it runs between 12.5 and 13.4 instead of the horribly rich 9.6 to 11 that it was running.

I've noticed a significant increase in fuel economy already, from around 11.6 l/100k to around 10l/100k. Early days yet, but it's looking good.

It feels punchier in the mid to upper range, and happier to rev out to the rev limiter.

Other main change Steve made was to advance the timing a bit. The map already in the Exede was apparently tuned for 95RON and had 'only' 1.5 degrees advance, so Steve took it out to 4 degrees advance. I didn't check if he meant 4 degrees advance on the stock 6 degrees retard (ending up with 2 degrees retard), or a true 4 degrees advance. I think it was the latter.

Photos of the installed Exede and the dyno print outs below.

KJ.

Note the nifty mounting bracket. A DIY job, $6 fencing bracket from Bunnings!

Different angle showing more detail of mounting bracket.

Check out the AFRs. Red line is stock ratios, very rich, blue line is tuned ratios.

Again check out the AFRs. Red line is 'base 380 map' Exede ratios, a bit too lean (over 15 in places), blue line is tuned ratios (same as previous chart).
    Last edited by TreeAdeyMan; 18-04-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: More info about the images
    Now Mitsu-less for the first time in 29 years!

Default AWD with 380 motor.

Thought I'd post this up here too, as it's a 380 engine, so technically a 380 dyno result!

Car: KJ2 AWD
    Mods: 6G75 swap, extractors, 200 cpi cat, 2.5" catback, plus straight through muffler
    Dyno: SKR Mainline DynoLog Chassis Dyno with all runs in 3rd gear.
    Power: 134.4 KW ATW @ 110KPH
    Torque: 535.5 NM @ 84KPH

The lower figure was a 'base' tune with only AFR's corrected, before tidying it up & adding some spark.

Car is dead stock... Did 2 runs on the dyno, one in 3rd and the other in 4th gear

Petrol was 91 RON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnp_N2VwRrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r29HxOMgZS8

Stock as a rock 20,000 km old 2007 VRX baseline run before mods begin.

122 fwkw

Induction noise is due to no airfilter or airbox. It actually lost torque and hence power everywhere except right at the top where it nosed over slightly later, giving the same peak power but at a few RPM higher than with the airbox.

Mainline Dyno at Graham West Workshops here in Adelaide. 91 RON fuel.

Blue line is 100% stock, Green line is no airbox/filter - just open airflow meter. Obviously no airbox flows better (especially considering the compromised flow into the AFM with box and filter on), but with the increased flow comes enrichment by the ECU (see AFR trace) which kills power considerably due to overly rich mixtures.
    Last edited by MS-75; 29-09-2010 at 09:43 AM.

380 VRX III

Mods: 90mm intake

Fuel:98

Best run: 136.2KW

[IMG][/IMG]
    2008 380 VRX Series III - Molten
    2005 TW Magna ES Series II - Sapphire Blue

Bit dissapointed with my results...

Premium 95 fuel
    90mm galant intake
    warm day, car was on a dyno set up for rwd, sucked a bit of hot air I think.

Stock as a Rock
    RON 95
    (And yeah they spelt my last name wrong)

someone help me understand why it seems some 380's have 135kw and some have 180kw? this is quite a significant difference.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information