+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 380 Dyno Charts

thats one extreme to the other because heavily modified vs basic mods (snorkel/muffler only)
    2005 Mitsubishi 380GT
    2003 Nissan X-Trail ST-R

Goes a little further than that

Yes Fooz was supercharged so that makes a big difference BUT having said this, I can take the same car over 5 different dyno's (even if same make and model) and readings will change. Add to this, air temp makes a difference as does how they are mounted on the dyno and even tyre pressures will make a difference.

Remember, Dyno readings are not a matter of who has the biggest ego as they are not really all that accurate. The reason I run a car on a Dyno is to tune that car and get all the spark and AFR's spot on for the full rev and load range. This is what counts not who has the biggest number
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

It intrigues me more or less, due to the fact they say they are a 175kw motor I mean my 4g54 in my 1977 lb Chrysler lancer hits 135kw

Quote Originally Posted by mstrrab1992 View Post
    It intrigues me more or less, due to the fact they say they are a 175kw motor I mean my 4g54 in my 1977 lb Chrysler lancer hits 135kw
    The Chrysler Lancer has next to no emission control and with leaded petrol. The 380 achieves 175 (detuned), running on less efficient 91 RON petrol while producing less emissions and using less fuel for it. Remember the 5.0L V8 of the 80's only produced 150kW.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrrab1992 View Post
    What did you do to the 54 to get 135kW at the wheels out of it?

^^^^ you have a point, extensive work. Shaved blocked and head, bigger valves, nice cam, custom extractors, mandrel bent 2.5 exhaust, bigger injectors aftermarket ecu 60" thou oversized pistons. I guess is that work was done to a 380 motor the numbers would be impressive over stock

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information