+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DIY Magna Car Audio - Use the Car audio Thread for Questions Please

I personally put mine just to the side or above rear view mirror. That way it works for anyone in the car, not just me.
    Love this car!!

I've seen top of the A-Pillar, and up next to the rear view mirror, I'm more of a fan of the up near the rear view as I've been told that it doesn't give as much wind noise to the receivers end when I have the windows down a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Boost King View Post
    Finally picked up my new head unit today, so look for instal pics in my ride thread soon. But this one comes with a Mic for phone calls etc. Do you mount the mic on the steering wheel like it suggests or prefer say the top of the A pillar kinda head height ish? Thats the most logical place I can think of.
    I would go pillar dude, however the steering shroud allows for the easiest communication but unless the mic is flush mount use the pillar.

I hope they give enough cable to run it to the centre (rear view mirror) as thats a good spot. I dont want to have to drop the roof lining though, hopefully it can just squeeze under. If not I'll go pillar What about at hte base of the pillar? Maybe less wind noise there too. Not fussed, just garnering opinion. Thanks for the replies thus far.
    You can never have enough Boost!

See my car here, Boost Kings Ride

Planned Upgrades: None, I love it the way it is!

AMC//OUTLANDER DIVISION

Hi guys,
    New here to your club. Do have a quetion though. The stock sound system in my 380 GT sounds pretty good.....although I miss my subs . (Just bought the car yesterday so not even 24hrs without them . Is there any cables to hook the subs up or is it a full install again? Churs.

Hi guys, i have a tf wagon and am looking to fit 6x9's in the tailgate, was wondering if any members had done tailgate installs and what they had done, my speakers magnets touch the metal skin of the tailgate so i was wondering what others may have done, MDF, spacer ovals e.t.c?

Quote Originally Posted by wagonman View Post
    Hi guys, i have a tf wagon and am looking to fit 6x9's in the tailgate, was wondering if any members had done tailgate installs and what they had done, my speakers magnets touch the metal skin of the tailgate so i was wondering what others may have done, MDF, spacer ovals e.t.c?
    speaking with hindsight your speakers are too deep.. but how much extra height do you need anyways? 3-5mm?

if more than 5mm best get spacer ovals (but you'll cause bumps in the grillecloth?)

magnet in their basket do not move and can be mounted fixed, its ok if they sit against the metal skin but put some insulation so it doesn't rattle. Be careful you don't dent the panel when snugging up the screws. 3-5mm can be spaced with washers or misc scrap bits; then just seal the airgap between basket & panel with whatever you've got handy - sponge tape, neoprene weatherproofing strips.

Its the tailgate, can't really do much more or less to improve nor hurt the sound

thanks for the response mate, i decided to use the carpeted ovals and dynomat, should be good, thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by SH00T View Post
    Just about all of the electrical connectors have a lock tab of sorts.
    The front of the p/windows, underneath the A/C controls, and to the side of the Hazards lights.
    The power windows are the first, there is a tab that needs to be depreesed so you can remove the wiring plug. Take a look how they work, the rest are very similar.

Easy Peasy, Ease out the gear surround ( includes P/W controls and Cup holders), Prying upwards all around and it comes off, the very front is the only bit that doesnt unclip. that slots in at the front, Disconnect the Power window connection plug,
    Apply hand brake, Chock if not on level ground, Place car in neutral and pull surround sliding to the rear of the car.
    This is the hardest bit, removing the compartment above where the cup holders were. With the lid open place palms facing upwards Gripping as well as you can manage with both hands ( dont grab the door) and pull to rear of the car. This exposes two screws to remove,(Edit: they don't need to be removed) and the last panel prys off. Disconnect aircon controls, hazard lights and air temp sensor. And the bracket holding in the stereo is right before you, take care with the top screws, they require a metal clip to secure themselves and are likely to jump off when reattaching. Tape them in place.....

Just a small note for the ppl thinking about upgrading speakers in TL/W series, whatever depth rules apply for the TE-TJ, forget them with TL on. The Speakers in the last shape are lower down in door, a lot of inside door card speaker plasics trim was removed and trimmed a lot further, and a 16mm baffle with 3mm ring just to fit in a 70mm mounting depth speaker.
    I know this is an old thread, but I am so pleased I thought to write to cyber space anyway and say thanks. This post got me into my console perfectly - no broken clips or usual other issues. Wiring harness info on a couple other posts was also great. My first use of forums like this - I should have jumped in years ago. Thanks shoot and also wagonman.

Hi guys,
    I have a 2000 Magna TJ Executive. Unfortunately the stock audio HU cant play mp3 CDs. Can anyone suggest a easy to install mp3 CD player? I dont need any fancy player. Even a second would do. Its just needs to play mp3 CDs and preferably have an aux input.

I think a stock HU from a later models should be an easy install. Please suggest.
    Last edited by krsreddy; 12-06-2015 at 11:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information