+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 0-100km/h time?

Default 0-100km/h time?

Just curious if anyone has timed their 0-100km/h on their stock / modded 380 and have any results. I did it to my stock 380 on the weekend n got 8.3 as an average... i think its a little slow though. Any thoughts ??
    What to do with my 2007 Mitsubishi 380 Sports???

Quote Originally Posted by BDE 15X
    Just curious if anyone has timed their 0-100km/h on their stock / modded 380 and have any results. I did it to my stock 380 on the weekend n got 8.3 as an average... i think its a little slow though. Any thoughts ??
    I havent timed mine but I'd like to think it would be quicker than 8.3. I tried timing Type 40's acceleration run posted on youtube and that was 7 ish seconds but I would suggest me using a stopwatch whilst watching a video is a very inaccurate way of timing.

Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to think of somewhere I could go to safely get a 0 - 100km time...where did you do it?

The official time is spose to be 7.2 seconds for the manual ES.
    Official Member AMC //// SIII SX Squad Division
    "Nimbus.....more like NIMBUSILE"

From memory the official tests conducted by Wheels Mag was around 7.5 for a manual ES on premium fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 380
    Off the top of my head, I'm struggling to think of somewhere I could go to safely get a 0 - 100km time...where did you do it?
    Well i was running around fairfield to find a good stretch of road.. i found a quiet street but it was slightly up hill.. its funny i did another run n now got an average time of 7.4

its prolly coz i had extra ppl in the car beforehand
    What to do with my 2007 Mitsubishi 380 Sports???

Quote Originally Posted by BDE 15X
    Well i was running around fairfield to find a good stretch of road.. i found a quiet street but it was slightly up hill.. its funny i did another run n now got an average time of 7.4

its prolly coz i had extra ppl in the car beforehand
    7.4 sounds a bit better!!! Even one extra adult would have some effect on your times. Someone else using a stopwatch to time your run wouldnt be terribly acuurate but at least it gives you a rough idea.

One thing is for sure, if you replace your rear muffler with a straight thru & get a 90mm intake/K & N, it will be significantly quicker than what its doing now.

i've done a few runs not properly timed mind you around my area along heathcote road near liverpool and got about 7sec's it was a steepish hill i was going up though so....i should do some tests on a track but not sure where i can get track time to test it out.
    I've had the exhaust and intake+filter done btw so that will improve times....i'm guessing on a proper run i'd be looking at maybe low 7's high 6's which is freaking quick

Quote Originally Posted by BloodAsp
    i've done a few runs not properly timed mind you around my area along heathcote road near liverpool and got about 7sec's it was a steepish hill i was going up though so....i should do some tests on a track but not sure where i can get track time to test it out.
    I've had the exhaust and intake+filter done btw so that will improve times....i'm guessing on a proper run i'd be looking at maybe low 7's high 6's which is freaking quick
    I think its always going to be difficult doing 0 -100km time on a public street with safety - the track has to be the right place to do it.

As mentioned previously, Type 40's 380 was around the 7 second mark so I think you're in the right ball-park with your times but I'm still amazed you havent been flamed yet by hundreds of 3rd Gen guys for suggesting a 380 will do high 6 seconds....

I know, i'm struggling to find a place to safely test my car which is why i only have rough figures from when i give into my darker side and thrash my car around.

I think the 3rd genners have their fingers in their ears trying to pretend the 380 has no performance and their cars are the be all and end all

Quote Originally Posted by BloodAsp
    I think the 3rd genners have their fingers in their ears trying to pretend the 380 has no performance and their cars are the be all and end all
    I'm guessing they havent read the 380 section yet today but dont worry, the barrage from the usual suspects will come!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information