+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OBD-II Connection

Default OBD-II Connection

Hello all,

Could someone please point me in the right direction for connecting a cable to the OBD-II (MUTT-II) port for a tl magna. I think I understand that australian tl magna's dont follow a OBD-II protocol but rather there own MUTT-II protocol, but what i am confused on is if you connect a OBD-II cable to the car and use software that can read MUTT-II protocol does that work or is the cable a special cable as well. So basically what i am trying to get at is the OBD-II plug all a standard pin config or does it change with the various other protocols (MUTT-II) for example

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Fullagon
    Hello all,

Could someone please point me in the right direction for connecting a cable to the OBD-II (MUTT-II) port for a tl magna. I think I understand that australian tl magna's dont follow a OBD-II protocol but rather there own MUTT-II protocol, but what i am confused on is if you connect a OBD-II cable to the car and use software that can read MUTT-II protocol does that work or is the cable a special cable as well. So basically what i am trying to get at is the OBD-II plug all a standard pin config or does it change with the various other protocols (MUTT-II) for example

cheers
    Its a standard type OBD-II plug but you will find that some of the wires needed to run aftermarket scan type tools are not there or not connected.

I have a MSD dashawk that i use to monitor all the engine parameters and clear trouble codes on my MPS3 mazda, it plugs into my magnas OBD plug but comes up with a message say non CAN compliant cant read VIN or make. It also fits my dads BA XR6T but comes up with the same message as when its connected to the magna. The MSD dashhawk style of scan tools will only work on Euro3 and Euro4 compliant) vehicles.

The first 2 pics are of the plug for my MUT-II (the plug got run over and the side broken but luckily still works fine) and the last picture is of the plug from my MSD dashhawk

Thanks for the info jason funny thing is not really the most mechanical person around so probably wouldn't even know what half the diagnostics even meant, just saw a guy with a carputer and lcd screen mounted in dash with the evoscan program running and just thought it looked really good, totally wasted on me but i do like my geeky stuff like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information