+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: advice needed regarding TW magna CD player

Quote Originally Posted by thefungusinmymilk
    now i'm feeling much more confident when getting a new head unit. i'm going to look at one today, i saw the SONY CDXGT270 on sale at jb, and that looks pretty good for only 109 bucks.
    Something to bare in mind (not knowing how important this is to you), is the cheaper Sony headunits (and I believe its the same for all entry level decks from everyone) don't have an auto dimmer control, so they are rather bright in the dark. Just something to bare in mind. Sony themselves list on their website if each deck features auto dimming or not.

As for the power antenna, if your chosen headunit does extend it all the time (as appose to just on radio) you only need install a simple on/off switch somewhere in the ant. rem. wire which goes from the headunit to the antenna motor. When the antenna receives a signal the Aeriel goes up, when it doesn't, it goes down, the switch will give you a manual control over this to an extent.
    Then: 1997 KE Verada Sedan
    Now: 2004 TL Magna VR-X AWD
    Also: 1993 TR Magna Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo
    Something to bare in mind (not knowing how important this is to you), is the cheaper Sony headunits (and I believe its the same for all entry level decks from everyone) don't have an auto dimmer control, so they are rather bright in the dark. Just something to bare in mind. Sony themselves list on their website if each deck features auto dimming or not.

As for the power antenna, if your chosen headunit does extend it all the time (as appose to just on radio) you only need install a simple on/off switch somewhere in the ant. rem. wire which goes from the headunit to the antenna motor. When the antenna receives a signal the Aeriel goes up, when it doesn't, it goes down, the switch will give you a manual control over this to an extent.
    My GF has one of these head units, they are fine - Just put them on "dim" via the menu and they are still bright enough to do anything you would like.

I got her front speakers and the HU (w/ remote) for $140.00 from JB.

Yes, have this one too, but paid $169 about 5 months ago (walks away muttering quietly about 40% price drops in 5 months).

Regards, Tony

Fantastic description. Is the white tube on the left for the air temp sensor? (which is what I want to find)

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro10 View Post
    Fantastic description. Is the white tube on the left for the air temp sensor? (which is what I want to find)
    On the opposite side of the console fascia panel to the hazard light switch - with the "swiss cheese" holes for air entry.

Yes, I believe that is it.

Well done to you for being able to find that post as it is indeed very well described with great pictures.

It is forever useful.
    Last edited by leadfoot6; 18-11-2020 at 03:12 AM.

I have been crawling through the threads to see what is commonly talked about, and saw this on dash dismantling. Aha!
    I suspect mine is leaking from the driveshaft seal on the right (at 219000km) - usual?

I figure that if I have to do the seals I will pull the box out and do the wave spring too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information