+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Help please! Freaking headlight change!

Default Help please! Freaking headlight change!

Changed my high beam and headlight globes today... well save for the drivers side headlight.

Such a bad design - the drivers side has no room to move to get the globe. And as I was removing the globe the spring assembly popped out! Great.... Just spent 1 hour trying to get the spring back in... No success.

Can someone help me out please? What should I do

If I could see what I was doing I may be able to get somewhere - but it is not possible due to the position of the assembly in the engine bay.

I think if I removed the headlight completely that might be one way to put it back on - the only problem is it looks like in the workshop manual that I need to removing the bumper, etc. eeek...

Last edited by rprodrive; 16-05-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Can't really help as I'm still in TJ/KJ..... that metal ring holding the spring clip, is it MEANT to come off the lamp housing?

I kinda assume those four little metal tabs are meant to dig into the plastic moulding lamp housing and secure it there? Or does it twist onto plastic lugs or something? If the problem relates to this piece coming off the lamp housing, can you see the corresponding lamp on the passenger side and see how its meant to be fixed in place?
    Phil

TJ Sports '02 ( 5 man ) - bit of a roughy.

KJ Verada '00 ( 4 tippy ) - smoooooth!

Thanks for your post - nah it is not supposed to come out - anyway I managed to get it back on after another 30 minutes of trying with a mirror this time! Geez i hope it stays back in. What a bitch...
    Last edited by rprodrive; 16-05-2009 at 02:10 PM.

How about trying to put a bit more tension on the little metal tabs, a screwdriver bit on the tab and a bit of a tap/thump on the screwdriver handle OR, smear a bit of silastic around the back of the metal ring, hoping that that'll go off and provide a bit of insurance/adhesion/resistance??
    Phil

TJ Sports '02 ( 5 man ) - bit of a roughy.

KJ Verada '00 ( 4 tippy ) - smoooooth!

Send a PM to TJ Sports. He's removed his headlights already (to change the chromed base model ones to the blackended VRX/GT ones), and should be able to help you out. As I recall you do need to partial loosen and drop the front bar to access the head lights.
    Retired from Mitsubishi ownership after 13 years. (At least I can now open all my windows without breaking them)

all fixed thanks for suggestions

Damn, was trying to change my H4 globes to Osram Nightbreaker today but i can't seem to get the spring off. Stupid design from Mitsubishi, will try it tomorrow when there's more daylight time, if can't then maybe i would remove whole headlight for easier installation.

Finally get the highlight globes change after 1hr of trying....

Good to see mitsu has improved the design from the 1st gen.

Feedback - Osram Nightbreaker is very good, the intensity of the light and distance shine is amazing. Money well spend.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information