+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 380 key

Default 380 key

Hi
    Got a third key with my 380 GT as one is broken but I need to program it.
    Is it a dealer job?

I think a good auto electrician can do it. The same thing happened with my Commodore a few years ago and my mechanic/electrician did it - not sure with new 380 requirements though...
    Retired from Mitsubishi ownership after 13 years. (At least I can now open all my windows without breaking them)

isnt it the same as the magna. OFF - ACC - OFF - ACC - OFF - ACC then take out and press the unlock button?
    MrGibblets info:
    Currently driving: 380 2005 GT.
    Was Currently driving: 2000 Mitsubishi Magna TH.

Check my old car here

Apparently not unfortunately

it would be a dealers job to be programmed to the car. I know when they did one for a mate it took about 20 mins. Dealer went on about firmware upgrade. was like WTF its a car key...
    MrGibblets info:
    Currently driving: 380 2005 GT.
    Was Currently driving: 2000 Mitsubishi Magna TH.

Check my old car here

Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone discovered the method the stealerships use to program the remotes to the car? Would rather DIY than pay them to do what SHOULD be a simple task.

After doing the install of my audio gear today (battery unplugged for a couple of hours easily) the remote no longer opens the car.

The central locking still works via the "lock" button on the driver's door panel. Also ruled out the Dynamat blocking the signal, as it won't work when sitting in car with doors closed either.
    Careful not to leave things lying around for 2 years.......... apparently they get stale..........

When I had my window fixed the dealer programmed my key at same time. NO CHARGE. Needs to be done on their computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder42 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but has anyone discovered the method the stealerships use to program the remotes to the car? Would rather DIY than pay them to do what SHOULD be a simple task.

After doing the install of my audio gear today (battery unplugged for a couple of hours easily) the remote no longer opens the car.

The central locking still works via the "lock" button on the driver's door panel. Also ruled out the Dynamat blocking the signal, as it won't work when sitting in car with doors closed either.
    That's strange, I've had my battery off for months & my key still works now it's going again. Did you try your spare key just in case it's the key playing up?
    New ride - Lexus IS350 F Sport
    Old ride - Supercharged Mitsubishi 380

See my new ride here!
    See my old ride here!

AMC /// LEXUS

I tried to get a spare key for mine as it only came with one key!! They wanted $400 + for doing it. You had to get the key from the dealer and get it cut by a locksmith and then take it back for programming. Damn that's expensive I thought until I was told that the new Subaru keys cost $800 +!!!
    I have put my name on a list from the locksmith for when they are able to cut a key and have the encoder program. Are there any other experiences like this? Any solutions?

I shall keep my 2 spares in a locked velvet lined case at $400 a piece. Worth more than my wifes jewellery put together!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information