+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Power window broken.

I've heard about the window issues but (touch wood) I've never once had an issue with any of my windows since I've had the car (about 3 yrs). Only issue I had was the motor that raises the front of the drivers seat up which stopped working for about 2 weeks and now seems to work without a problem.

Replaced the regulator today. It was waiting when we returned, the zip ties did a great job of keeping the window up. Interesting procedure, and it's funny to note that the window doesn't work without the door trim being connected, as I tried to test it with the trim still off and it did nothing. I hoped it was just the door trim and it was.

Mine failed due to the end of the wire had broken out of it's place. Looked like some broken plastic there.

New regulator was genuine part (saw you can get aftermarket ones on eBay) and didn't seem different in that area, but otherwise was a little different looking than my original, which pretty much lasted nine years to the day, with the others still going.
    Daily ride: 2008 380 VRX - Mawson White - Stock
    Semi-retired: 2003 BA XR8 - Venom Red - Lots of mods

Well, a friend has had nothing but trouble with the power windows in our Mitsubishi 380.........all of the regulators have been replaced since buying his 2005 model car in 2008. He has also had 3 spontaneous exploding windows, all on the drivers side window. Today was the 3rd such incident.........he gets in his car after work and goes to put the window down and it explodes with an almighty bang..........for NO reason. He is sick of having to continually pay for broken regulators (at least 2 a year) and the smashed windows which are dangerous to boot. The first time the window exploded, he hadn't even tried to open it........he closed the car door, started the car and "boom" exploded all over him. Crazy stuff.....never heard of any other car having these kinds of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou63 View Post
    Well, a friend has had nothing but trouble with the power windows in our Mitsubishi 380.........all of the regulators have been replaced since buying his 2005 model car in 2008. He has also had 3 spontaneous exploding windows, all on the drivers side window. Today was the 3rd such incident.........he gets in his car after work and goes to put the window down and it explodes with an almighty bang..........for NO reason. He is sick of having to continually pay for broken regulators (at least 2 a year) and the smashed windows which are dangerous to boot. The first time the window exploded, he hadn't even tried to open it........he closed the car door, started the car and "boom" exploded all over him. Crazy stuff.....never heard of any other car having these kinds of issues.
    The regulators once replaced with new units are reliable. The exploding window - that sounds crazy. Does he live in an area with crazy heat all the time?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information