+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2001 triton v6 clutch

Default 2001 triton v6 clutch

Hi everyone, I have to change the clutch in a 2001 (i think MK triton)

does anyone know where i could find a workshop manual for the 4x4 models?

and any hints and tip would be nice.

thanks

google is your friend .

try here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/196ubb

or here: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/info.php?id=20

the second one covers a heap of different mitsu motors and gearboxes.

i
    if neither of these work for you let me know and aill do a proper search when i get home.
    Last edited by poketz; 20-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.

If you are after a clutch I also can assist here with various types of clutch

Aside from being a little weighty, they are not that bad to do, just take it easy when you are lifting in and out
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

Quote Originally Posted by poketz View Post
    google is your friend .

try here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/196ubb

or here: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.kiev.ua/info.php?id=20

the second one covers a heap of different mitsu motors and gearboxes.

i
    if neither of these work for you let me know and aill do a proper search when i get home.
    yeah, i found these but i am out of internetz atm so i didnt want to risk it being the wrong one. thanks for that though

and madmagna, i have already soured a clutch, but thanks for the offer, and i got under and had a look around and it looks pretty easy. by the looks of it, it is a push type clutch so i shouldnt have to disengage the throwout bearing. should be a bit easier than the magna atleast, but this will be the first triton i have done, so will be a good learning curve. And do you know if the rear engine seal is avail. from local bearing & seal shops, or will it be a special order...

thanks.

i found a Triton workshop manual CD on ebay , around $10AUD . overseas the Triton is known as - Warrior , L200 , Animal , Mighty Max and some other name. ive done a clutch and its quite straightforward and identical to Pajero so a Pajero manual will be fine also. the gearbox and transfer case combined are long and heavy so get some help off 2 other people when you remove it. I had a large trolley jack under the gearbox and another one under the transfer case to keep the balance as the box came rearward. with the 5 speed i dont think it is possible to remove the transfer case while gearbox is in the car., some little roll pin has to come out first in the selector mech.

Quote Originally Posted by magwheels View Post
    i found a Triton workshop manual CD on ebay , around $10AUD . overseas the Triton is known as - Warrior , L200 , Animal , Mighty Max and some other name. ive done a clutch and its quite straightforward and identical to Pajero so a Pajero manual will be fine also. the gearbox and transfer case combined are long and heavy so get some help off 2 other people when you remove it. I had a large trolley jack under the gearbox and another one under the transfer case to keep the balance as the box came rearward. with the 5 speed i dont think it is possible to remove the transfer case while gearbox is in the car., some little roll pin has to come out first in the selector mech.
    thanks mate, this is great info. do you remember whether or not the transfer case lever (the selector knob inside the cab) has to come of, or can you leave it in and just remover the gear stick?

both the gear lever ( 4x 12mm bolts ) and the transfer case lever ( 3 x 12mm bolts ) need to be removed first , otherwise they will foul on the body when the gearbox goes back.
    you may find that the thin rubber noise / fume seal is also torn , worthwhile replacing this with some 3mm rubber sheet while you are down there.
    like any clutch job , invest in a good clutch aligning tool. dont attempt to line it up by eye!. and replace the spigot bearing for another $12.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information