+ Reply to Thread

Thread: have cd player code but wont let me enter it!

Default have cd player code but wont let me enter it!

I got a cd player from a later model magna/verada to put in my TE. Plugged it in and it works fine for 5 minutes, then it says CODE, and wont let me do anything. i have the code for it, but it wont let me put it in no matter what i press. Anywone heard of this probelm? any suggestions would be great!

The model number of the cd player is pe2527ka and it says clarion on it. I think its from a 2002 magna.
    Last edited by dave101; 03-10-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Someone with a 2002 Magna please interrupt!

What is the actual code? When the CODE message display, try:

I'm assuming you have wired it in correctly.
    Station key 1, press it the number of times of the first number. Then station key 2 for the second number, etc. (Works on 2004 Lancer)

OR type the number in with the station keys, but this is only works for coded like "4422", not anything above 6, like "9834" as the station keys go 1 to 6.

Also, if you have 3 failed attempts some units require you to wait 1 hour before it will come to life again.

The different makes installed on the Magnas vary a lot, try looking up the method on the Internet.
    I avoid the problem by installing a non coded after market unit. Some reasonable Sony units with MP3 and AUX sell for less than $100.
    Last edited by MadMax; 03-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.

Ive sorted it out.
    For future reference for anyone:
    You need to hold the display button for 5 seconds, it then lets you enter the 4 digit number by pushing the 1-4 channel buttons.

Cheers!

I'm not familiar with the Clarion head-unit, maybe if you could post a pic of it?

We have had the "Mitsubishi Hi-Power" with front Aux socket in mum n dad's TJ, and I have KJ radio-cassettes with in-dash CD-changer (2 single-DIN units stacked).

For these units, each of the methods mentioned by MadMax are used: ( Iforget which set uses which method)

Method 1: Station Presets numbered 1 thru 4 are used to enter the code.
    You press station preset number 1 sucessively unit the display shows the correct number for the first digit of your code (numbers can be anything from 0-9)
    You then progress to station preset no: 2 to enter the second digit the same way.
    Same for station preset 3 and 4.

Method 2: far less instinctive and I usually manage to get codes wrong if the set uses this system.
    Radio preset buttons 1 thru 6 are used to enter the code.
    You must press the radio preset button that matches the first digit of your code ONCE only, and (get this) the display in no way registers that your press worked, or what number you just entered.
    Then, press another Radio Preset button ONCE for the second digit of your code. The display in no way acknowledges your digot entered, nor what digit you are up to.
    Same for digits 3 and 4.
    Codes under this system can only be numerals 1 thru 6, as there are only 6 radio preset buttons.

From memory, some sets just leap into life when the correct code is input. For the stacked radio-cassette and cd-changer models (which are Mitsubishi Electric head-units) - the head unit has function buttons for Radio, CD, and Tape...... on these units you must press the TAPE function when you finish entering the code.

A pic or diagram of what your head-unit looks like would be helpful, then members could consult the Operators (glovebox) booklet if they recognise they have that model.

EDIT: Bugger! (but in a good way) Dave has worked it out while I was typing away. Thanks for stating the solution Dave, it could prove helpful to someone in future.
    Last edited by Elwyn; 03-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    Phil

TJ Sports '02 ( 5 man ) - bit of a roughy.

KJ Verada '00 ( 4 tippy ) - smoooooth!

Can anyone help me with my Clarion pe2527ka radio in my 2003 Mitsubishi Magna TJ Wagon. I have the code number it is 1307, i can get the radio to display CODE but that's as far as i get. I have tried everything but cannot enter the code.

Have you tried the method in post number 3 by holding the display button for 5 seconds, this then allows you to input the code using the 1-4 channel buttons.

Thanks Rob's 380, yes i have tried that, don't know if it is supposed to show the numbers that you enter but mine does not. I rang Mitsubishi and gave them the model and the V.I.N, number on card, they told me to press and hold the 5 button while entering code, that did not work ether.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information