+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 380 Floor Mats

  1. #1
    rprodrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    244

    Default 380 Floor Mats

    Hi - i noticed that the genuine Mitsubishi driver seat mats for the 380 has holes to fit to the floor of the car.

    The problem is the car doesn't have any fitting points! So why does it have the holes in the mats?

    Seems like it was overlooked - or is it just my car? 2005 GT.


  2. #2
    I Thought I Had This... Kif 380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    215,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rprodrive View Post
    Hi - i noticed that the genuine Mitsubishi driver seat mats for the 380 has holes to fit to the floor of the car.

    The problem is the car doesn't have any fitting points! So why does it have the holes in the mats?

    Seems like it was overlooked - or is it just my car? 2005 GT.


    I've wondered the same thing as mine is the same, it's annoying how the drivers one slides around because of the plastic 'mat' built into the carpet.
    380 GT Build # 5362 Silver NuggetO

    380 VRX Build # 14226 Golden NuggetO

    380 VRX Build # 4693 Stealth - sold

    Quote Originally Posted by Madmagna View Post
    Oh and Kif you are a naughty boy, go and stand in the corner for 5 mins and dont play with your chicken

  3. #3
    Your No1 rep maggie3.5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    7,108

    Default

    duh...your mat set should have two lugs/mounting points that stick into the original carpet and the mats then sit on top of them.
    ...
    I am sure that any state will struggle to put on an equivalent to what MMX was, it was awesome both in the aspect of events and the social aspect after cruises,
    Maggie's "BitsaMitsi" Magna Sports

    Maggie's 380 GT



  4. #4
    I Thought I Had This... Kif 380's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    215,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maggie3.5 View Post
    duh...your mat set should have two lugs/mounting points that stick into the original carpet and the mats then sit on top of them.
    Yea my cars lacking them and doesn't appear to have ever had them
    380 GT Build # 5362 Silver NuggetO

    380 VRX Build # 14226 Golden NuggetO

    380 VRX Build # 4693 Stealth - sold

    Quote Originally Posted by Madmagna View Post
    Oh and Kif you are a naughty boy, go and stand in the corner for 5 mins and dont play with your chicken

  5. #5
    rprodrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maggie3.5 View Post
    duh...your mat set should have two lugs/mounting points that stick into the original carpet and the mats then sit on top of them.
    Mine doesn't have those - that is why I asked the question

  6. #6
    Two Tone Terror Dingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Same case for the Magnas, especially annoying when you're a manual driver and the floor mat creeps up and up until it affects the clutch.

  7. #7
    Formerly kj380 TreeAdeyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    The lugs are supposed to come with the mats, mine did. You screw them into the carpet. Maybe if you ask your local Mitsu dealer they can get you a pair of lugs?
    Now Mitsu-less for the first time in 29 years!

  8. #8
    ...at your service GTVi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,246

    Default

    Repco sell aftermarket carpet lugs that grip the mat and with prongs that go into the carpet...I use them, and my mats now stay put....
    Last edited by GTVi; 01-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

    V E R A D A //// //// G T V i
    L A N C E R - CJ - LX

  9. #9
    rprodrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTVi View Post
    Repco sell aftermarket carpet lugs that grip the mat and with prongs that go into the carpet...I use them, and my mats now stay put....
    Thanks very much for the tip ! Will get some today

  10. #10
    rprodrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    244

    Default

    No luck with Repco near me - they didn't know such a product exists. GTVi do you have any more information on what you purchased - eg brand etc?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts