+ Reply to Thread

Thread: rear inner boot panel

Default rear inner boot panel

I had been searching for over a year to get a replacement rear boot panel as mine was badly scratched and chewed up. Wreckers wanted about$50 but couldnt guarantee the condition. Bought a new one from my Mitsi dealer for $38 !
    How good is that?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisv View Post
    I had been searching for over a year to get a replacement rear boot panel as mine was badly scratched and chewed up. Wreckers wanted about$50 but couldnt guarantee the condition. Bought a new one from my Mitsi dealer for $38 !
    How good is that?
    WTF? How can the wreckers charge way over new price for a used one in unknown condition? Either there's a sucker born every minute or your Mitsu dealer stuffed up in your favour. What dealer just in case I need a new one down the track?
    Now Mitsu-less for the first time in 29 years!

Quote Originally Posted by TreeAdeyMan View Post
    WTF? How can the wreckers charge way over new price for a used one in unknown condition? Either there's a sucker born every minute or your Mitsu dealer stuffed up in your favour. What dealer just in case I need a new one down the track?

I couldnt believe it either. Its a fairly substantial panel.
    Lyndoch Motors, Very helpful dealer.

i found that alot with the 380 when buying bits and pieces for it...
    wreckers wanted drug money for parts , when genuine new stuff was the same price if not cheaper.

With the 380 parts is often the case thus why I get the new price from my dealer before I list anything for sale. Some parts are very cheap new where others are very expensive. A lot of wreckers will simply has a base price for parts off all cars as if you look at a similar part on a Magna of then the similar part will be 6 times the cost, window regulators are one example of this.

With the boot panels, I thow them out here as they all have marks on them and to be frank, is not worth my time to take it out, pack it etc only to sell it for $10 bucks
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

Oh, just to add, you got a very good price as my dealer price is around the $50 for this part trade price
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information