+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6G Engine in a Legnum?

Pointless excersise to put in 6G72/74 SOHC motor in place of the existing 6A13TT. If the said motor blew up, you can get used 6A13TT that crop up a fair bit at Mitsubishi/Jap import wreckers, heck, I've even seen them advertised on ebay & gumtree!!

Mum's got a Legnum and there is stuff all room in that engine bay. Not to mention that you'd have to swap over the ECU & probably need to get another wiring loom made up to match.
    Unless you are going to town building a Hi-po Twin turbo 6G72/4/5 I personally think that you are seriously wasting your time & money.

well legnums did come out at one stage with a NA 6G72 which apparently which was the same motor as the magna ones and same orientation if I'm correct which was a 6G72 SOHC, so I don't see why you couldnt put one in providing you find the right box etc etc... and why not better off puting a 75 in it ?
    AMC Photoshop Division
    R.I.P Miranda (KJ2 AWD 3.8) - GONE
    (Gustav)2004 BA MKII XR6 TURBO Manual

Quote Originally Posted by chow View Post
    well legnums did come out at one stage with a NA 6G72 which apparently which was the same motor as the magna ones and same orientation if I'm correct which was a 6G72 SOHC, so I don't see why you couldnt put one in providing you find the right box etc etc... and why not better off puting a 75 in it ?
    Chow, 6G75 with a twin turbo set up for the legnum ;-).

Seriously though, A DOHC 6A13TT is so much better than a SOHC 6G72. I just can't see the point, waste of a good car to put a boring (by comparison) engine in it.
    Last edited by ADM; 25-02-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    Chow, 6G75 with a twin turbo set up for the legnum ;-).

Seriously though, A DOHC 6A13TT is so much better than a SOHC 6G72. I just can't see the point, waste of a good car to put a boring (by comparison) engine in it.
    IF i had the money, I'd have gone manual conversion along with a TT kit
    AMC Photoshop Division
    R.I.P Miranda (KJ2 AWD 3.8) - GONE
    (Gustav)2004 BA MKII XR6 TURBO Manual

Its actually a swap thats been done a bit overseas, search for galants in america, they use the 6g72 dohc and modify the twin turbo setup to work, leaving it a 6g72tt - basically a gto setup in the correct orientation for the legnum/galant. A guy in NZ has also done this swap with the 6g72 mivec. That said, replacing the vr4 engine with a 6g72/4/5 sohc and no turbo setup would be pretty pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by BI65ND View Post
    Its actually a swap thats been done a bit overseas, search for galants in america, they use the 6g72 dohc and modify the twin turbo setup to work, leaving it a 6g72tt - basically a gto setup in the correct orientation for the legnum/galant. A guy in NZ has also done this swap with the 6g72 mivec. That said, replacing the vr4 engine with a 6g72/4/5 sohc and no turbo setup would be pretty pointless.
    Even with a DOHC 6g72tt, that's a whole heap of money for a gain that could easily be had in an existing 6A13TT.
    It's doubtful that the poster of this thread is looking to build an 800bhp street monster to justify swapping engines. Possibly the opposite & besides, you can build up a Forged 6A13TT to output more than enough power for any street/track application for a Legnum.

On that note, it would be good if the original poster of this thread could elaborate as to why he/she wants to put a (presumably SOHC G72/74) in the Legnum to begin with.
    Last edited by ADM; 18-03-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by pantsman View Post
    Title pretty much says it all, I've searched here and google but no results.

Cheers for the idea's
    t

got any turbosfor sell
    LOUD1 As done a lot of first
    * 600+ Hp Magna/Diamante * 5speed sequential dog box * 4 seater *b&m shifter when auto

I have 4 spares
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

Quote Originally Posted by pantsman View Post
    Title pretty much says it all, I've searched here and google but no results.

Cheers for the idea's
    Sure can be done.. But the legnum/galant gear boxs wont fit a 6G engine.. So i'll have to get like Awd magna box
    LOUD1 As done a lot of first
    * 600+ Hp Magna/Diamante * 5speed sequential dog box * 4 seater *b&m shifter when auto

If you are going auto you would use a Magna box and have to then also go the Magna ECU to make it all work but then who would bother with all that work behind an auto so then the only option is to get the 6A13 box modified to fit the 6G74/5 engine
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information