+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help with list of mods and prices

Default Help with list of mods and prices

I recently purchased a 1993 tr wagon for $450 to do pizza deliveries in. I have got it checked out by a mechanic and gotten everything that needed fixing fixed. Now I want to do a few interior mods to make it more comfortable to drive and just be in the car in general. I have searched through a small portion of this forum and found a few things I want to do to it but im having trouble finding the parts I need. If anyone has information on how to find the following parts it would be appreciated, I have tried ebay and gumtree with no luck:

•Diamante console lid with cupholders
    •Maplights (i think from a verada)
    •Clock from a verada
    •Woodgrain dash parts (not sure if manual woodgrain inserts exist)

also if anyone has any other suggestions they could think of to make it more comfortable could you let me know?

Cheers, rory

hey man, i just sold my second gen. one of the best mods i did to that was a set of TW front seats. no doubt the seats on your TR or well worn and they certainly arent electric.
    clock from a verada - post a WTB no doubt someone will have one/will be able to get you one from a self serve wreckers (we dont seem to have them here) i bought locally back in the day cost me something insane like $40 or so. should be less than $20
    also suggest you look at replacing you cluster lighting. EBAY LEDs should cost less than $25 as a guess and give the car a more modern look and as a bonus make the dials easier to read at night
    with the woodgrain parts, you could look at painting instead as an option.
    i dont remeber the diamante console lid having cupholders - the diamante had cupholders above a climate control module in the dash... they were the popout style.

Where are you based Rory? Metro area?
    AMC//////My-380's-Roof-is-still-the-correct-colour division

im based north of perth in westminster.
    how much would the tw seats set me back roughly?
    and ive seen some console lids in some members cars with cup holders that slide out of the back and front im presuming there from a diamante.

Hey,

Like Stormie said... self service wreckers. They are heaps cheaper than a regular wrecker. I have saved hundreds at them. Just got myself a alternator for 33$ and a throttle body for 30. I am there every year sadly, but its better than paying your ass off.

I think woodgrain will come out of any KS (94-97) Verada.

I have done the dash lights mod myself. I went with white (usually is light blue). Definitely modernises the interior. Ebay "T5 white (or your colour of preference) smd" and go through them. They cost nothing and the dash is a pinch to take out. Dont forget the globes that light the the dash up from in front of the dials at the top. Need any assistance, let me know.

Also interior leds are nifty as well. I just have one for my center door light. Can fit a nice big panel in there. I wanted to go all out ald take out the roof trim, install windows and have 4 of them. Though the single one was so bright, I couldnt justify bothering Ebay "smd interior panel" and once again choose the colour you want. I went with white and its intense... for some, too much so. I see there are a couple of orange ones if you prefer something softer. Rarer hence dearer though...
    You can also attach these to your footwell lights (they come with double sided sticky tape) and wire some to the back if you can be bothered. They came with all difference kinds of fittings to save you hacking into wiring.

I bought a fold up cupholder and attached it to my door trim. Not as good as what youve seen, but hell handy nevertheless! There is a fair few option on ebay, though if you go to the bottom and check under "international sellers", you will find the fold up ones I talk of.

I just pray you have Ebay

yea i have ebay.

sadly i dont think we have self service wreckers in perth, i think they are just over east
    otherwise i would be down there every week haha

KS front seat are good an comfortable and cheap. Clock is easy cost about $20 from any wreckers, diamante console is dear about $200 and also if you want to upgrade your steering wheel. Go to the Mitsubishi section of the wreckers and take your pick. They all fit, you might need a KR verada clock spring if the steering wheel requires one. Also check out the members ride thread for ideas.

NOTE: KR clock spring work only for TR and TS can use the late model clock spring don't ask why Mitsubishi did that way but I found out the hard way
    1992 Mitsubishi magna

QMD Fursuiter

Im always in TROUBLE no matter where I am.

Dash cluster leds are great, I got the white quad LED T10s from Jaycar and sanded down the nubs so that the light spread evenly, then got the white T5 leds, and dipped the tips in black paint, otherwise they shoot little white circles onto your dash.

As someone who does pizza delivery in a TS magna, I would recommend getting a $10 handheld ciggy plug spotlight from supercheap for finding house numbers, provided you aren't planning on tinting your windows, otherwise the light will bounce back and blind you...
    Pretzil - Seriously Twisted

yea i know what you mean about the tint i have been doing deliveries in my stato and to find the numbers i had to wind down the windows haha.
    the tj is worse still as i have to reach over and wind the window down manually.

im considering putting leds in my dash but not blue or white, my lecturers and i where having a discussion at tafe about dash lighting and apparently red is the best colour followed by green as it dosnt make your eyes adjust to the light every time you look at your dash, and blue is the worst. i dont know how we got onto that topic in particular but i did learn something from it.

as for the seats ive been searching for tw seats or even tw's that are being wrecked and i havnt found anything. ive also been looking for ts seats without any luck

also what models were the chromatic mirrors installed on?

On The Hour, Every Hour....... Minimum TiMi's Avatar

I have a few 2g clocks and I think the whole diamante woodgrain set apart from the top dash strip. The electric window bits are different plugs.
    20.1sec 400m

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information