+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proton M21 coupe..based on CC Lancer/Mirage

Default Proton M21 coupe..based on CC Lancer/Mirage

Hey all, my mate has purchased a Proton M21 Coupe, from what I have been able to find out so far is that its based on the CC Lancer and Mirage. What I'm trying to sort is a workshop manual, it seems Haynes and Gregory's hasn't done one but I'm thinking the CC Lancer one may do the job. Has anyone had any experience with these Proton/Mitsubishi hybrids? Any info would be appreciated, I haven't been too successful in my hunt for info on it.

Protons are made in Malaysia by a local company. They used to be ased on older Mitsubishi models, and probably still are. You may be able to get a manual directly from Malaysia. Google "Bookshop Kuala Lumpur" and see what comes up. From memory (failing badly these days) there was a major chain called MPH and they had a fantastic range of technical books. You may be able to get a manual from them.

Oh ok. Thanks heaps for the info, ill post whatever solution I can sort.

M21s have the 1.8L Lancer MR engines and components. But, in a CC lancer coupe shell.

great value little cars at the time, had lotus tuned suspension too from memory as well as a good list of extra's!

Should be able to get by on a lancer manual if need be I'd think.
    AMC////////6G75 (179.1Kw@wheels) Wagon Division

Thanks for the info. It's not a bad little beastie, lotus tuned suspension and recaro buckets up front. Next week I'm helping throw some new pads on her so ill post some pics for those who are interested.

Not sure if you still need any info, but basically the Protons are a CC lancer. The engine's are called a 4g93p, which is basically just the CC 4g93 (1.8L) engine with a twin cam head. A lot of parts you will find are interchangeable with the CC. Engine wise, all protons from that generation, CC lancers, evo 1-3s and older galants all bolt up to one another. In terms of the interior evo 1-6, lancers, mirages and the protons the seats all bolt up with the same fitment. Brakes, trailing arms and other parts of the suspension are all also interchangeable.

Awesome little cars, and a lot of options there for bolt on upgrades.

what about the proton GTI, same as evo 1-6?

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    what about the proton GTI, same as evo 1-6?
    What part exactly? Engine setup is the same as an evo 1-3 so the 4g63 or 4g93t engine are straight swaps

Quote Originally Posted by pariah View Post
    Hey all, my mate has purchased a Proton M21 Coupe, from what I have been able to find out so far is that its based on the CC Lancer and Mirage. What I'm trying to sort is a workshop manual, it seems Haynes and Gregory's hasn't done one but I'm thinking the CC Lancer one may do the job. Has anyone had any experience with these Proton/Mitsubishi hybrids? Any info would be appreciated, I haven't been too successful in my hunt for info on it.
    i use to know i guy in perth that had a evo engine, flares,fenders, bonnet and bumper EVO UTE IT WAS MEANT... I'LL look for the link
    LOUD1 As done a lot of first
    * 600+ Hp Magna/Diamante * 5speed sequential dog box * 4 seater *b&m shifter when auto

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information