+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Air con fault on 07 380 vrx auto

Default Air con fault on 07 380 vrx auto

Hi all,
    just want to know if anyone has come across this strange aircon issue with their cars? Basicly my ac intermitantly cuts in and out every so often (compressor chatters on/off very fast), it will work fine some time for 30min and then will cut out no matter what setting its on. I had taken it to a good auto electrician when it started doing this and he tested everything (gas is good, all connections fine ect) he even used 2 different dianostic programs to find an error but had no success? It had him stumped and basicly i would need to see if Mitsubishi can fix it. He seemed to think it may be a problem with the engine ecu telling the ac to turn off due to high engine load or somthing. It will cut out at any rpm while driving and even when idling in park.
    would be interested if anyone has fixed this issue before i approach my Mitsubishi Service centre?

I have only started to get an issue with my ac. About to sell the car but will get this fixed before i try to sell...the ac cuts in and out, and now it is still running after i switch the engine off...maybe not the cpmressor but the fan still blows inside unless i switch it off manually...used to jyst turn everything off...but now the fan still runs even after keys are removed from ignition...this is a series 2 vrx, with auto clumate ctrl...also starting to make a real "whirring" noise...

Get your gas pressure checked, this can happen if there is too much gas as there is a high and a low pressure switch

Have seen this before when the ac system has been over gassed, happened in my Gal when I was being "creative" with the gas charge, we put a little too much in on purpose and then bled back off until it no longer cycled so as to get the best cooling we could.
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

Yeah may be worth a look into gas pressure, but still seems strange as the ac was working fine for couple years before it started playing up.

Mine is climate control aswell but turns off as normal when i kill the engine... maybe a faulty ignition switch with yours??

Yeah not sure i will take to mits for repair and let u know what they said was the cause...may not be the same issue but could give u a starting point for troubkeshooting/diagnosis...i wonder if it needs re-gassing...def not due to too much gas tho...hasnt been regassed since i bought it...

Just confirming my 07 sx at 150xxx has this as well. I also find that the car doesn't get cool air if I'm not moving - which sucks when i'm sitting on the M4 car park

My Air Con was intermittent.

I was chasing my tail for a while on this. Very frustrating on hot days. It turned out to be the compressor.

The compressor on these cars is a Denso. I was told that the clutch on these becomes intermittent when it is on the way out. For the technically minded, I was told that this condition is detected when the a/c relay is on but the clutch does not operate.

Replaced the compressor, all good now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information